World Festival of Kites
EPCOT World Festival of Kites — 1995
The skies over Epcot were filled with a spectacular array of colorful kites from around the world. The Epcot Word Festival of Kites showcased a multitude of exciting exhibits, hands-on displays, and high-flying entertainment as only Disney can. This festival ran from September 9-24th 1995. The Walt Disney World Festival was the largest and most ambitious kite event in North American history.
The World Festival of Kites featured:
- More than 2,000 kites from around the world
- Worlds Largest Kite (The Mega Trilobite)
- World’s Smallest Kite
- Exciting kite shows on water using speedy power boats
- Breathtaking stunt kite/team flying demonstrations
- Japanese kite painters, miniature kite makers, and European kite historians
- Children’s kite-making workshops
- Fascinating International and antique kite display
The World Festival of Kites was produced by Bruce Flora of Kiteman Productions and featured a kite team filled with a who”s who in the Kiting community, including kite professionals like Peter Lynn, Ken Conrad, Charlie Sotich, Gerard Clement, David Gomberg, Randy Tom, Robert Trepanier, Mikio Toki, and many others!